What is subtitling?
Subtitling is the next step after transcription where the dialogue or its translation is superimposed directly onto the video. It is the process of adding text to various video materials.
Here are the most popular types of video we work with:
* television commercials;
* corporate and training videos;
* tertiary and secondary educational material;
* export and corporate promotional films;
* feature films, documentary or television shows;
* captions for the hearing impaired.
What we offer?
- Same language subtitling – preparing subtitles in the same language as the audio track. This service is usually used for different e-learning and language courses, karaoke, movies and TV shows, as well as for deaf persons and people with hearing impairment. These types of subtitles also include information about music being played or environmental sounds, e.g., when a phone rings or a knock at the door is heard.
- Subtitling across languages – translation of the source language into the target language in the form of one or two lines of written text synchronised with the audio of the original. This is widely used in the film and television industry.
How does it happen?
A typical subtitling process consists of the following steps:
- You send us a source video material (regardless of the format);
- We then transcribe the speech (unless it has already been transcribed);
- Translation from source into target language is done (optional);
- Another translator checks if the subtitles match the dialogue;
- Revision of the subtitles against video and audio is done;
- We check time codes to make sure duration of the subtitles is accurate;
- File conversion into requested format is done.
- Finally, we deliver you the subtitles.
Subtitling file formats supported by Hieroglifs International
Digital audio files:
MP3, MP4, DSS, Olympus Digital dictation, Real Player, WAV, WMA.
Analog audio files:
cassettes, CDs, DVDs, podcasts, videos.
Every translation solution provided by Hieroglifs International is guaranteed by our quality assurance system. Upon successful completion of the project, we deliver the translations and subtitles in the format preferred by the client.
Our translators are native speakers of the target language, completely fluent in the source language, and highly experienced in the art of subtitle translation. Moreover, in order to maintain the absolute highest standards of quality control, each translation is reviewed by another translator.